Mortgage Operations Associate
Milford, CT — Full Time
TMS Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create and Maintain High Morale, Job Fulfillment and Enjoyment
- Be Creative and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning in Self and Team
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication
General Purpose and Scope:
This position is intended to be a hybrid role that will expose the right candidate to a variety of facets within the mortgage operations process. The perfect candidate for this position is one who demonstrates an interest in the mortgage industry with little to no prior industry experience. A successful candidate is willing to take on multiple tasks to learn the mortgage loan closing process from beginning to end and is able to manage their time effectively in a fast-paced environment. This role is intended to provide the candidate with the opportunity to learn about the mortgage industry while opening the door for growth within the organization.
Responsibilities / Functions:
- Effectively communicate with internal and external parties to ensure superior customer service levels are maintained
- Complete an initial review of a loan file after the application is taken by the Loan Officer to confirm all requirements are met
- Prepare and disclose initial application packages and any subsequent change of circumstances to the borrower(s)
- Scan, index and ship all trailing documents that are received post-closing
- Monitor daily exception reports to track outstanding documents that are due
- Other duties as determined by management as candidate grows within the role
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- Self-motivated and driven
- Desire to learn and willingness to ask questions
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem resolution skills
- Dependable team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to complete time sensitive tasks
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly in an ever changing market.
- Ability to work effectively in a positive and professional manner under time constraints.
- An open-mind to learn new skills and take on additional tasks as directed by management
Technical / Computer Skills:
- Must be comfortable using a computer and learning new computer systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a strong emphasis on Excel skills a plus
- Ability to pick-up new LOS systems and understand new websites/portals quickly.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Customer service experience is a plus
- No prior industry experience required
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].