Milford, CT — Full Time
TMS Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create and Maintain High Morale, Job Fulfillment and Enjoyment
- Be Creative and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning in Self and Team
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
This position is intended as a gateway to becoming a licensed loan officer. The Mortgage Banker will learn all facets of the mortgage industry and complete all NMLS licensing requirements while also shadowing licensed loan officers, shopping competition, and acting as a support person to senior sales team members.
- Manage assigned leads to standards set by Total Mortgage;
- Assist customers in determining which type of mortgage best meets their needs;
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of loans with customers with the help of senior team members;
- Collect all necessary loan documentation for the mortgage application and submit completed loan applications for disclosures;
- Walk the customer through the application process and set the expectations for the entire loan process from start to finish;
- Attract new customers and build referral relationships;
- Perform Sales Assistant duties, from time to time, as assigned by manager;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Conduct business in compliance with all state and federal regulations;
- Set personal goals for growth within Total Mortgage structure;
- Take a proactive approach to learning;
- Maintain all required state licenses;
- Meet goals set by Total Mortgage.
Note: Mortgage Bankers may not, under any circumstance, take a mortgage loan application or negotiate the terms of mortgage loan, in states which they are not licensed.
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people from borrowers, to staff members, to third party vendors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to complete mathematical and analytical tasks
- Ability to listen and make decisions quickly
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet or exceed expectations
- Ability to learn quickly in a hands-on environment
- Goal Oriented Team player
- Desire to become an expert in their field
Technical / Computer Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to type and use phone systems
Certifications, Licenses, etc.
- NMLS State and Federal Licensing is required for the role of Mortgage Banker.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].