What is a jumbo mortgage?
When mortgages are too large to be purchased or backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, we call them jumbo loans. These are issued by private lenders and tend to have more stringent underwriting requirements and higher interest rates than normal government-backed loans.
In most cases, any loan amount over the $417,000 conforming limit qualifies you for a jumbo loan. However, in areas where median home prices are already above that number, the limit is higher. At the moment, the maximum high-balance conforming limit is $625,500.
Jumbo loan benefits
Our jumbo mortgage program offers some significant advantages:
- All the financing you need
- Down payments as low as 10%
- No private mortgage insurance on loans with a loan-to-value as high as 90%*
- Fixed and adjustable rate options
Why Total Mortgage?
Mortgages are all we do, and over the years we’ve gotten pretty good at them.
- We have some of the lowest interest rates in the country.
- No pre-payment penalties. Go on, pay your mortgage off as fast as you can. We won’t get cranky about it.
- We’ll educate you as you move through our process. That means no pushy loan officers, just experienced professionals who will secure the right financing for you.
Want to find out if you’re in an area eligible for high-balance loans? Fill out the form on the right or give us a call to learn more.
*For qualified borrowers