Milford, CT — Full Time
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Location: Milford, CT
Exceptional company seeking exceptional people!
The Communications Specialist is responsible for collaborating across the full spectrum of our marketing team to create and edit effective content for social media, digital advertisements, web content, traditional marketing material, and email campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have a background in digital marketing, focused on social media and email strategy, but will also have a basic understanding of how the real estate and mortgage industries operate.
As a part of the marketing team, the Communications Specialist will report directly to the Marketing Manager, and will get to work on high visibility projects, assisting in dictating the online brand for many loan officers and real estate agents.
As a Communications Specialist, you will:
- Source and create content for social media, with the goal of maximizing engagement and follower growth for each page
- Strategize and create marketing automation sequences via SMS and email to proactively engage new prospects once they have expressed interest
- Write and create email campaigns to be sent in bulk to re-engage past customers or active prospects
- Create website copy, flyer copy, and any other copy that may reflect our brand
- Aid in the creation and management of Facebook ads
- Edit and rework old marketing materials or web content
- Able to juggle multiple projects, manage time well, work with others
- Strong understanding of how to write content that connects with people personally, even if you have never had a relationship with them
- Excellent skills in: writing, editing (both copy and structural)
- Resourceful approach to content creation
- General knowledge of: SEO and keyword research, and grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to think outside the box and remove yourself from a situation in order to view a problem from a different angle.
- Knowledge of the mortgage and real estate process is preferable
Microsoft Office Suite, Wordpress, thorough internet research.
About Our Workplace
Total Mortgage has originated over $1.5 billion in residential mortgages thus far in 2020, and has grown 75% year over year for each of the past two years. During this wave of success, Total Mortgage introduced the industry’s first comprehensive real estate marketing suite, called Spotlight, which currently markets for over 150 loan officers and 100 real estate agents. In addition to being a fast-growing trendsetter in the mortgage industry, Total Mortgage has won numerous accolades for their approach to business:
- Named one of the top workplaces in Connecticut by Hearst Media in 2019
- Fastest growing company in Massachusetts in 2019, according to the Warren Group
- Included in Inc. Magazines’ list of America’s Fastest Growing companies for four consecutive years, from 2009 to 2013.
- Named one of National Mortgage News’ “Fab Five-Five Mortgage Firms to Keep an Eye On.”
Send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our core philosophy is pretty simple:
- Recruit Selectively. A little effort up front can make all the difference. We search far and wide to find the best recruits from across the nation.
- Reward Excellence. Properly equipped employees are a company’s greatest asset. We always make sure our employees are well supported and properly rewarded.
- Retain Talent. Great talent is hard to find. Once we’ve found it, we make sure we don’t lose it.
The TMS Workplace
We take a lot of pride in the culture we’ve created. Here are a few of the things our employees love most about TMS:
- Work with pros — we hire the best and brightest
- Build a healthy lifestyle with our wellness program
- Participate in any of our sports league teams or join in our community kickball games
- Work around family time with flexible work scheduling
- Score a quick massage on our employee appreciation days
- Dine deliciously and affordably with our subsidized meals in the cafe
- Speak up — We encourage every employee to help improve our culture and processes
- Medical Insurance - 4 plans to choose from
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Long term disability, Short term disability, Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance Plans
- 401(k) plan
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].