Junior Loan Officer
Leominster, MA — Full Time
Job Title: Junior Loan Officer
Location: Leominster, MA
Position reports to:
Senior Vice President of Mortgage Banking
_ _ Exempt __ Non-Exempt
TMS Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create and Maintain High Morale, Job Fulfillment and Enjoyment
- Be Creative and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning in Self and Team
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication
General Purpose and Scope:
Total Mortgage – Leominster is looking for an experienced Mortgage Banker to assist with the growth of our team! In this role, you will be supporting the business growth of a top-producing Senior Vice President of Mortgage Banking.
We are hiring an experienced mortgage professional who holds a Mortgage Loan Originator license in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Responsibilities / Functions:
- Perform Sales Assistant duties, as assigned by manager, which may include serving as a liaison between customers, referral partners and licensed Mortgage Bankers, playing a key role in assisting licensed Mortgage Bankers with collecting borrower identifying information, obtaining post-approval conditions, providing administrative support in collection and submitting loan application with supporting documentation to processing, reviewing files to ensure clean and thorough submission to underwriting
- Conduct loan origination activities in compliance with all state and federal regulations;
- Manage assigned leads to standards set by Total Mortgage;
- Assist customers in determining which type of mortgage best meets their needs;
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of loans with customers with the help of senior team members;
- Collect all necessary loan documentation for the mortgage application and submit completed loan applications for disclosures;
- Walk the customer through the application process and set the expectations for the entire loan process from start to finish;
- Attract new customers and build referral relationships;
- Other duties as assigned by management
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- Self-motivated and driven
- Desire to learn and willingness to ask questions
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem resolution skills
- Dependable team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to complete time sensitive tasks
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly in an ever changing market.
- Ability to work effectively in a positive and professional manner under time constraints.
- An open-mind to learn new skills and take on additional tasks as directed by management
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Customer service experience is a plus
A Mortgage Loan Originator license in Massachusetts and New Hampshire is required.
Please note: In this role, you may not conduct any origination activities in any state without the prerequisite licensing.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].