Milford, CT — Full Time
Position reports to:
Accounts Receivable Team Lead
__ Exempt X Non-Exempt
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
This position is responsible for providing loan servicing and accounting support. These responsibilities include receiving, depositing, and logging payments, billing, disbursing escrow, providing customer assistance, entering and scanning documents, and other accounting assistance as needed.
- Perform first payment follow-up
-Assist borrowers with questions regarding payments
-Provide payment histories and payoff statements
-Deposit in bank
-Coordinate payment transfers
- Post to AMB and Encompass as necessary.
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
-Attention to detail
-Ability to solve problems effectively
-Basic math skills
Technical / Computer Skills:
- Knowledge on moving documents electronically via e-mail etc.
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have general knowledge of the mortgage industry with specific knowledge of loan servicing and general accounting knowledge preferable.
Education and Experience:
-A business degree is desirable but not necessary; alternatively a high school diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years related experience
Certifications, Licenses, etc.
-Not necessary, but helpful to have formal fair debt compliance training
Hours for position:
This position may require frequent additional hours, at times on a daily basis; must be available to work additional hours on short notice as determined by management to meet customer service and investor requirements
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].