Social Media Copywriter
Milford, CT — Full Time
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
Jumpstart your career in social media marketing and copywriting. The Social Media Copywriter (SMC) position blends the exciting workload diversity of a marketing agency with the security of a corporate copywriting position. The SMC is responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating the social media profiles for all enrolled loan officers (sales representatives) at Total Mortgage, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter profiles. The SMC will be held accountable for cultivating and reporting on post reach, follower growth, and lead generation volume by loan officer. In order to most effectively manage each profile, the SMC will need to conduct initial scoping calls with new loan officers, and may need to occasionally assist with other writing projects that arise in the marketing department.
Responsibilities / Functions:
- Create, maintain, update, and monetize social media profiles for over 30 loan officers
- Primary focus: Facebook
- Secondary sites: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Conduct scoping calls with new loan officers to determine needs, assets, budget, target markets, and get answers to questions that may influence posting strategies or frequency
- Research emerging trends in social media and apply to daily functions
- Analyze reports on post effectiveness, follower growth, and leads generated. Report upstream.
- Reach out to influencers or brands to promote in-house content
- Create website copy, flyer copy, and any other copy that may reflect our brand, as necessary
- Edit and rework old marketing materials or web content if needed
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- Able to juggle multiple projects, manage time well, work with others
- Excellent skills in: writing, editing (both copy and structural), online research, persuasion
- Demonstrated ability to: write clear and approachable content, network online
- General knowledge of: the mortgage process and associated terms, real estate, SEO and keyword research, and grammar and punctuation.
- Experience in: copy editing, blogging
Technical / Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Office, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+.
- Experience with Buffer, Hootsuite, or comparable platform is preferred, but not required.
Education and Experience:
- BA, in Marketing, English, Journalism, or other writing-heavy liberal art
- Years of experience:0-3
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].