Customer Verifications Associate
Milford, CT — Full Time
Customer Verification Assistant
- Department: Retail Sales
- Location: Milford Office (Corporate HQ)
TMS Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create and Maintain High Morale, Job Fulfillment and Enjoyment
- Be Creative and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning in Self and Team
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
Total Mortgage is looking for talented, personable, and customer service-oriented people to work in our Customer Verification Assistant department. Customer Verification Assistants are the first point of contact with our new potential customers, and are responsible for understanding customer needs, building desire, and transferring interested customers to our licensed loan officers.
The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, a passion for working with people, patience, and great organizational skills.
- Provide a positive initial experience to new potential customers through inbound and outbound calls
- Start the conversation and understand customer needs
- Build desire with customers
- Verify customer provided information;
- Transfer interested, qualified customers to licensed loan officers;
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- Conduct business in compliance with all state and federal regulations;
- Set personal goals for growth within Total Mortgage structure;
- Take a proactive approach to learning;
- Meet goals set by Total Mortgage.
Note: Customer Verification Assistants may not, under any circumstance, take a mortgage loan application or negotiate or discuss terms of mortgage loan, without the prerequisite licensing.
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Provide world-class customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Great organization skills
- Team player and works well independently
- Ability to listen and make decisions quickly
Technical / Computer Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to type and use phone systems
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
Certifications, Licenses, etc.
- State and Federal licensing is not required for the role of Customer Verification Assistant.
Hours for position:
- M-Th 10am-6pm
- Friday 9am-5pm
- Late shifts available, Some Saturdays are mandatory.
This position may require frequent additional hours, at times on a daily basis; must be available to work additional hours on short notice as determined by management to meet customer service and investor requirements
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Total Mortgage Services is an equal opportunity employer
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].