IT Helpdesk Support Associate
Milford, CT — Full Time
Total Mortgage Job Description
Helpdesk Support Associate
Position reports to:
__ Exempt __ Non-Exempt
TMS Core Values:
- Get the job done despite obstacles and difficulties.
- Accept responsibility with a “can do” attitude. Be Creative and Open-Minded
- Respond in a timely manner to customer requests.
- Share information and resources with team members.
- Go the extra mile to serve.
General Purpose and Scope (Summary): A helpdesk support member must provide Tier 1 and 2 technical support to all end users within the company on all systems. They also must setup all user accounts for new hires or role changes as well as remove and audit all internal IT systems. Helpdesk support is also responsible for moves of PC and IT equipment.
Responsibilities / Functions:
- Responsible for troubleshooting all aspects of Microsoft Desktop operating systems
- Responsible for troubleshooting desktop hardware failures on an advanced level and remedy it in a timely manner
- Performs virus and malware tasks on all company issued PC’s
- Must maintain basic user maintenance and distribution groups on Microsoft Exchange Server as well as Active Directory
- Must troubleshoot basic network and email connectivity issues
- Prepares new user workstations as well as follows proper procedure following the termination of an employee
- Manages the help desk ticket system thoroughly as well as working on issues in a timely and prioritized fashion.
- Troubleshoot all scanning and printing devices within the organization
- Presents users with applicable training on certain functions of software used within the organization.
- Maintains IP telephony system by adding and removing extensions, users, and ACD Users. Also maintains all ACD queues and add or remove users from specific queues.
- Provides basic mobile device support relating to company email or other company related functions
- Maintains all software and hardware assets in a functional and organized fashion.
- Must troubleshoot spam or blocked email issues experienced by end users
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- Must communicate professionally with end users and teach how to use their systems.
- Ability to work proficiently within a ticket system
- Ability to work under stressful situations while staying focused on the task at hand
- Must be able to work constructively with in a team on specific projects
Technical / Computer Skills:
- Must have excellent troubleshooting knowledge of all Windows desktop operating systems
- Vast experience regarding troubleshooting PC hardware issues
- Must have basic experience working within Active Directory
- Excellent virus and malware removal skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Exchange email system troubleshooting
- General knowledge of networking protocols and troubleshooting
- Experience with mobile devices and operating systems such as Android and Apple iOS
Education and Experience:
- Trade school in IT, associate degree, or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience in the IT field
- Troubleshooting Windows Operating system experience
- Troubleshooting network and virus issues
Certifications, Licenses, etc. A+, Network +
Hours for position: Monday-Friday 9AM to 5PM or as needed for extended coverage
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].