Milford, CT — Full Time
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
This position is responsible for processing first mortgages within the required timeframe.
Responsibilities / Functions:
- Review the loan application submitted to accommodate the automated underwriting findings and/or borrower’s needs.
- Order and track all required documentation to assure processing and rate lock timeframes are being met and updates system with statuses.
- Work with the borrower, loan officer and closing agent to resolve questions and/or problems immediately upon inquiry or receipt of documentation from the borrower/loan officer.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
- Submit fully processed files through automated underwriting system and submits to underwriting department for final decision/clear to close. Resolve issues and show ongoing improvement in reducing issues identified by underwriter.
- Prepare, ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of commitment letters.
- Review appraisals, titles, and purchase and sales contracts as received, submit them to underwriting department if necessary, make all required calls, system updates and order any addendums required related to the review.
- Review loan for clear to close items and confirms the file is being submitted to the closing department accurately and within pre-specified time frames.
- Review and monitors pipeline reports on a daily and weekly basis, acting accordingly.
- Complete customer welcome calls to discuss the upcoming process and introduce the mortgage team
Personal Traits / Competencies:
-Strong customer service, communication, organization and problem resolution skills
-Must be able to meet established minimum daily expectations
Technical / Computer Skills:
-Uploading documents into Encompass
-Automated underwriting background and LP/DU, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 year processing experience
- Knowledge of first mortgage processing
- Familiarity with all types of mortgage products and State and Federal regulatory guidelines.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].