Milford, CT — Full Time
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
Underwrite residential loans ensuring compliance with lender and investor standards. Examine loan documentation for accuracy, completeness and overall credit risk. Work with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents. May respond to individual and investor audits.
- Underwrite and evaluate credit, assets, income and collateral for wholesale and retail channel for various investors and agencies.
- Evaluate loan applications for risk assessment in compliance with regulatory, agency and investor guidelines
- Working knowledge of guidelines for FNMA, FHLMC and FHA required.
- Must have DE certification; VA SAR/LAPP certifications a plus
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of underwriting experience
- Thorough knowledge of desktop underwriter and loan prospector
- Knowledge of most common computer software products
- Experience with Encompass loan software is helpful.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or work experience equivalent
- 3-5 years previous mortgage underwriting experience or equivalent work experience.
- DE to underwrite FHA loans or LAPP approval appraisal review for VA loans
- Current knowledge of lender and investor requirements.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].