Post-Closing Reviewer - Mortgage Loan Operations
Milford, CT — Full Time
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
This position is responsible for reviewing closed loan files for any deficiencies prior to investor delivery. The Post-Closing Reviewer also satisfies pre-purchase and post-purchase requests on files.
- Monitor receipt of closed loan packages and follow up with closing agents on tracking
- Prioritize loan reviews by position expiration or expected boarding date.
- Review files by verifying LOS information and closed loan documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance per regulatory, underwriting, agency and investor specific guidelines by completing the applicable Prefunding Review Checklist(s).
- Issue clear to fund to funding department for primary refinance files
- Once review is complete and file is deemed ready to ship, stack the file and export for delivery to investor or servicer.
- Upload exported file to appropriate investor site or shared drive where applicable
- Identify document deficiencies, follow-up of any deficiencies, monitor daily post-closing department report and outstanding issues pipeline.
- Monitor receipt of all required documentation after the file is cleared to ship to ensure a complete and compliant file.
- Collaborate with secondary to ensure all files are meeting boarding/delivery deadlines
- Written and verbal correspondence with settlement agents, title companies and internal operations colleagues to obtain incorrect or outstanding closing documents.
- Satisfy exception reports from investors/servicers for missing imaged documents
- Monitor daily Post-Closing department report to identify and resolve outliers (closing packs not received, and/or not scanned, not reviewed, and not cleared to ship within expected timeframes).Complete required compliance training and testing.
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- A self-starting individual with an ability to complete time-sensitive tasks.
- Must be a hard working team player with professional attitude and excellent organizational and customer relation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and mental concentration are necessary for accurately performing tasks in a stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to provide superior customer service and uphold customer satisfaction, to both internal and external customers, by answering questions and requests and providing information in a timely manner.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly in an ever changing market.
Technical / Computer Skills:
- Ability to pick-up new LOS systems and understand new websites quickly.
- Conduct web searches on town, county, and state websites.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of banking regulations; i.e. Regulation Z, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), TRID, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) is a plus.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a banking or financial lending institution as a closer, processor, or post-closing reviewer is a plus. Knowledge of mortgage documents required.
- Customer Service: 2-3 years
- General knowledge of retail and correspondent lending are a plus.
Hours for position: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
May require over-time; must be available to work additional hours on short notice as determined by management to meet service level agreements
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].