Accounting and Servicing Associate
Milford, Connecticut — Full Time
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
This position is responsible for providing loan servicing and accounting support. These responsibilities include processing AP, filing, billing borrowers, disbursing escrow, entering, and scanning documents, and other accounting assistance as needed.
- Perform first loan payment follow-up
- Assist borrowers with transfer questions regarding escrow
- Disburse and transfer escrow
- Rush check request/review incoming check requests and notify appropriate parties
- Enter AP
- Obtain W-9’s from new vendors and scan into AMB
- Run weekly AP report
- Download, scan, save, and import invoices
- Satisfy internal check requests
- Scan bank statements and other pertinent accounting data
- Stale dated check follow-up and disposition.
- Post to AMB as necessary
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- Good oral and written communication skills with internal and external parties
- Must be customer service oriented
- Attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems effectively
Technical / Computer Skills:
- Knowledge on moving documents electronically via e-mail etc.
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have general knowledge of the mortgage industry with specific knowledge of loan servicing and general accounting knowledge preferable.
Education and Experience:
- A business degree is desirable but not necessary; alternatively a high school diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years related experience
Certifications, Licenses, etc.
Not necessary, but helpful to have formal fair debt compliance training
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].