Milford, CT — Full Time
TMS Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create and Maintain High Morale, Job Fulfillment and Enjoyment
- Be Creative and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning in Self and Team
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
This position is responsible for performing Verbal Employment Verifications (VOEs), fulfilling all trailing document responsibilities and assisting with any other functions within the post-closing department.
Responsibilities / Functions:
- Scan and index all trailing documents that are received after closing
- Ship original copies of trailing documents to respective investors
- Monitor daily reports to track outstanding documents and follow up with responsible parties via phone and email
- Satisfy missing or deficient trailing document requests received from investors
- Communicate with the Post-Closing Team Lead any exception files that need to be escalated to upper management
- Assist with additional department responsibilities as needed including but not limited to scanning and purging original closing packages
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- Ability to complete time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to self-manage in fast pace environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly in an ever changing market
Technical / Computer Skills:
- Must be computer literate. Proficient with Microsoft Office and office equipment.
- Knowledge of third party mortgage software and imaging systems including, but not limited to Encompass360 is preferred.
- Ability to pick-up new LOS systems and understand new websites quickly.
- Conduct web searches on town, county, and state websites.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years related office experience or training
- Knowledge of banking regulations; i.e. Regulation Z, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) is a plus.
- Certificate of Appointment as a Notary Public from the CT Secretary of State is a plus
- Certification as MER Signing Officer is a plus
Hours for position: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
May require over-time; must be available to work additional hours on short notice as determined by management to meet service level agreements.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Total Mortgage Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].