FHA Mortgage Underwriter
Exceptional company seeking exceptional people!
Are you looking for the opportunity to further your career with a fun-loving, fast-growing company? Enthusiastic and energetic individuals looking to enter the mortgage industry and become part of a highly successful team of mortgage professionals are encouraged to apply.
As the mortgage industry continues its meltdown, Total Mortgage Services continues to grow. We are a strong lender/broker delivering the lowest rates and superior customer service for over 10 years. Our staff is experienced in closing loans quickly in 27 states.
Is your current situation keeping your earnings from moving to the next level? Don't lose another borrower to the competition. Join our team and take advatage of the lowest rates and best operations staff in America.
As a FHA Mortgage Underwriter you will:
- Underwrite residential first mortgages in accordance with investor and institutional guidelines
- Communicate with Loan Officers, Account Executives, Processors, and Closers
- Have the lending authority to approve, decline and suspend loan files
- Collaborate with management to manage risk
- Ensure compliance with state and federal lending laws and guidelines.
- Clear loans to close by accurately reviewing all terms and conditions
- Submit files through DU and LP, and must be able to interpret findings
- Update LOS with accurate information
- Assist in resolving underwriting-related post-closing issues
- 15+ years of mortgage underwriting experience preferred, with 5-10 years of FHA underwriting experience required.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple files at one time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and strong work ethic.
Total Mortgage is an internet-based financial services company that has been named one of the fastest-growing mortgage lenders in the United States by Inc. Magazine for three consecutive years. Total Mortgage has funded over $6 billion in loans since being founded in 1997. We are based in Milford, CT, and are presently licensed in 27 states and Washington D.C. Total Mortgage combines the personal integrity and service of a local lender with the low rates, convenience, speed, and know-how of a national lender.
Interested candidates should e-mail to email@example.com with their resume and salary requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.